Thursday 10 December 2020

"To challenge yourself can sometimes be what's best for yourself"

 



With the life ahead of me I feel like I need to think about what I really want to do with it. I have worked as a psychologist for 25 years now and I feel done with it. I want to spend my last years on something that is new and rewarding for me but also for others. I want to help people and feel like I have achieved or rather done something important for humanity.

And when i say rewarding i don't mean rewarding as in earning money on it. More like rewarding for my soul and well being if that makes sense. I want to do something that may be a bit challenging as well as interesting. To challenge yourself can sometimes be what's best for yourself. I also think that if you have the time and possibility to help others you should. Now I will soon be retired. I could spend my life on whatever i want, if i wanted i could watch netflix for the rest of my life. But I don't want that, I have the opportunity to change people's lives. According to me that sounds a whole lot funnier and more interesting than just sitting home and doing nothing.


I have thought about the different ways I could help people and what I would like and fit best in. I have thought about helping recently arrived refugees, by learning them swedish. I have also thought of working with helping disabled persons.  I feel like i would fulfil my purpose with life by doing things just like these.


I have in many years thaught about things I could do different in life and why I made some decisions that i have come to regret. I have spent hours and hours counting on money I could have earned if I did some things differently. All this regretting and overthinking have wasted so much time that I could have spent on some things that actually meant something.  I have realized as I'm older to take care of the time I've got and spend it on things I appreciate.

If i could say something to my 10 years old self it would be to take care of the time you got and dont be afraid of trying new things.




No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...