Friday 11 December 2020

“They made me feel so small. So I told myself that I will never be in this situation again.”



“Some moments in life have changed me as a person. I'm from Russia and I have been through some bad stuff. One of the moments is very inspiring and also sad. I was 19 years old, me and my friend were at a party. Then all of a sudden two hooligans approached us. They tried to flirt with us, and I didnt like them. So I told them to “go to hell, I don't want anything with you guys. You guys are so pathetic”.  They got very angry. And one of the guys smashed me in my face. I couldn't do anything against these guys. I didn't know how to fight. 


They made me feel so small. So I told myself that I will never be in this situation again. I thought to myself that I have to learn how to fight. And nobody will be able to make me feel like this. The first thing I did was starting to go to karate lessons. I worked so hard. I've never worked so hard in my life. I wanted to quit 100 times and even more. But I thought about the feeling when I felt so small. And I kept going. When I felt like I was done with karate I wanted to master another combat sport. I was thinking about boxing. But a friend of mine told me about taekwon-do. I got interested and I started to look it up on the internet. And I fell in love. I started with the beginners. It was very fun and I learned very fast. I worked even harder than I did with karate. Martial arts became a big part of my life. 


Today I have a black belt in both taekwon-do and karate. I would never have discovered martial arts if it weren’t for those guys that attacked me when I was 19. For that reason I am thankful, and now I know that if the same thing would happen to me again I would be ready, and this time it would be them that got smashed in the face. 


I believe that everyone or at least most of the people should learn from my experience and just simply try out if martial arts works for you as good as it worked for me. It’s a very harsh world and everything could happen. It’s nice to know that I can walk home without getting beaten up.


LS 9A





No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...