Thursday 10 December 2020

"I think it was the saddest moment of my life, because he had been with us for half of my life."

"I think it was the saddest moment of my life, because he had been with us for half of my life."

“I grew up with a dog who unfortunately passed away this summer. He was 12 years old. I moved away from home this year and I feel most guilty about not being able to be with him for the last period of his life. I saw him a week before he passed away and I suppose I feel a bit guilty for not seeing that he was sick, because he was very sick. There was fluid that came out of his heart and gathered around it, like a bag. Which made it hard for him to move or do everything a dog should be able to do. We thought it was something else and when we found out what it was, he didn’t have a big chance of surviving, due to his age. I wish I would have seen it earlier, but I didn’t. We did an emergency surgery, so my sister could come down from Norrland and say goodbye as well, because she was a big part of his life. He was a family dog, but it was my sister who wanted to get him in the first place. So my sister came down and we were all there to hold her hand when he passed away. I think it was the saddest moment of my life, because he had been with us for half of my life. It was a very devastating moment for all of us to lose him. He has been around for a long time and he was a very happy dog. I think that moving on from his loss is one of my biggest struggles up to this day, because everything we did revolved around him. You can’t just leave a dog behind, you need to have them with you. That’s why I’m happy to have my little cat now. She can’t replace him and she’s not meant to, but at least she is here and can take up some of the empty space, because it was really lonely without him when she first passed away.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...