Thursday 10 December 2020

“I was home and I never wanted to leave”

 “I was home and I never wanted to leave”

“ When I was 11 i had to move from all my classmates and friends. I moved to a different town in Sweden. Everything felt insecure. I didn't really enjoy being there. It just felt like everything went wrong for me.  My mothers job moved to another town so the whole family moved except my dad. He would move in with us after a few years. It was hard to move because I had such good friends at home and it felt like I was never going to meet them again. I loved the neighborhood and I had a lot of friends. So it was really hard to move for me. I missed my dad to when we had moved. On the other hand I came really close to my brother and I would go to him every time I had a problem or need help with something. It was hard to make new friends. I had a lot of friends at home but when i moved to Borlänge I felt lonely and it was hard to make new friends again. I really understood what friends are for. My brother was like my best friend. I think when I grew up I started to respect my friends because they were with me the whole time.


 I lived there for a year. When I moved back home I reunited with my old friends. I was really scared when I moved back that my friends didn't want me to be their friend anymore. I started the same class and had the same friends and classmates until I started high school. The year I was gone was a different life to me. I felt so safe and it was like I was home and I never wanted to leave, the old friends were back and I was so happy.


I think the move had an impact on me in some ways. I had moved a lot when I was a young adult so I am not scared to move. But I am really  scared to move with my own kids right now. I don't want them to feel the same way she felt.”


Kasper Svelstedt 9b

No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...