Friday 11 December 2020

“Everyone told me I wouldn't be great at it”

 “I don´t think it's possible to have a passion for cooking and not like to invite people over. I have a passion for cooking. It's not cooking itself, it's the feeling of inviting friends and family over, it has become hard to not think about the cooking. I've always wanted to open a restaurant just because it's crowded at home when I have invited all my friends. And in 2016 that happened. I opened a restaurant and invited all my friends over, it felt amazing and I think that's the best feeling I’ve ever had. 


Then Covid-19 came and suddenly everything changed. First, it wasn’t a problem but then it all went away. No one wanted to come to our restaurant because everyone was scared. My friend died of Covid-19 and that was the hardest that hit me for a few years. I had to decide to close. I needed to close because I didn’t go profit on my work. It became sad and I couldn’t see my friends for a long time. I started to be depressed. We tested to skype each other but it wasn't as funny as meeting each other in reality. And it became harder, My mom died and i felt alone. No one was there for me when I really needed someone. Two people that meant the world to me had left and now I got nothing. I nearly gave up but I didn't. You gotta believe in yourself to be good at it.   


The funny thing about cooking is when you see your friends like the food that you make. Your heart warms if you see them like it. But sometimes you also want people to say that to you. It has happened that I started crying when my friends went home. 

I'm a very sad person and that's why you gotta show some love. But when my friend and mom died I learnt something, and that was to never feel sorry for myself. That was an important move that I made so I don`t cry every time I think of them.  


My passion for cooking started when I was going to my grandfather and grandmother every Thursday, we were cooking some soap and we were baking bread. My grandmother helped me very much to control everything in the kitchen.

She was a great support and always wished me all the best when I was leaving her. She helped me to create my passion for this and I'm very grateful for it. She helped start up my life. 


If you're a person who loves food but doesn't have friends you can invite over, don't be sad, try to open a restaurant where you can make your own food and people will be there to eat it. Don't give up, listen to some stories and do like them. Believe in yourself, try and don't give up. If you do this you will make it”


Alessandro 9A


No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...