Friday 11 December 2020

"I received an award just for being kind. The simplest thing in the world."

“When I was a kid I was very shy. I didn't have lots of friends and i didnt make a lot o noise. I was one of those children who had a tendency to keep the door open for people everywhere, for example going to lunch or before a lesson. I hold the door open and everyone in the class just streams through, no one says anything and it does not feel like anyone is notice me. I think im done, that I can drop the door but then all the other kids also went straight against me, first comes one and then un other and so it continues. It was like this every day for such a long time, in the end I did not even notice that I did it. It was as if I was their doorman, as if it was my role in school. Think of it yourself doing it every day for 2-3 years and no one even says thank you in the end. All of a sudden during graduation they shout out my name, I'm going up on stage. I have never been so scared in my hole life but now im also so proud of myself for going up. I received an award, just for being kind. The simplest thing in the world. It was a scholarship so I got money but above all I got to be seen. I had never felt seen before so it felt special and i also got seen for being myself. My mother has always told me that you should treat others the way you want to be treated and that people appreciate the smallest things. It was only because of her i did it.” 


Moa 9b


No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...