Friday 11 December 2020

“Being active changed my life.”

“Hey, I am 42 years old. I am a very active person. I train a lot both at home and when I am working. So I have a lot of interests. On Fridays and Sundays I play floorball with a friend group. We are a kind of small group and I really enjoy playing with them. Then i play table tennis, that's more of a “just for fun active”. And I have won competitions in table tennis in school tournaments, in 6th grade 7th grade 8th grade and 9th grade. Then I also play badminton with friends also just for fun, and tennis. Once a year me and my friends play a tournament that's called “Rackethallen”. That's when you play every racket game to 21. If you win you get the honor price.  


It all started with being overweight. As a child I was very overweight, and wanted to change that. So I started running. Try to just get down in weight. That's when I got interested in multisport. I also made a bet with my friend who could go down the most weight in 2 months. I ended up going down 17 kg. That's when the sport was started. 


I have competed in multi-sport a lot of times. I have traveled to Denmark and Norway a few times. I have never won a competition. I want to win every single competition and I will do my best, but i do it because it is fun. 

Once when i was a child a was a very good swimmer and powerade the drink company asked me to join a competition they have organized. The ones that I was competing against were the best in Sweden. So I trained for that for about 6 months. I did not win but it was very hard and fun at the same time. 


I am kind of old now but i still want to compete because it's so fun. So now i am training for a new competition. The competition is called “backyard competition”. It's a 7 km. And every hour a new person starts to run. And when you have 1 hour to complete each one and the person with the most wins. 


I think working out is good for you. For me it is really good. I sleep very well at night because of the training. The training makes you relaxed. It's a very nice feeling. Also you will live a longer life. Your body is going to live longer because of the training. If you think about starting training like I did, I think you shall do it. If you want to achieve something you at least have to start. And I promise it will be hard. Challenges will come and you have to complete them. But you will not complete them if you don't think you will. In your mind you would have to think positively. When you are about to throw up you do more. When you don't have anything more to go you train more. And don't remember to eat well. It might be hard but it will double the process time. The eating and the mindset is the most important. At least for me because I started with eating good and then training good.”


Tim 9A

No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...