Thursday 10 December 2020

“I do not think all people can be talked to.”

 “I do not think all people can be talked to.”

I have never had such a panic in my life before, it was a new kind of pain I never felt. I always try to think logically and thought it would save me from this situation, but I was wrong. If I only did what my first instinct said, I would never tell this story with a dumpish ending. My best advice to everyone is that I do not think all people can be talked to.


It was eight o'clock in the evening when Edvin and his friends walked out of the house on their way to Lidingö. It was a normal Saturday night that ended very differently. When they got off the train, they played Christmas music from a loudspeaker and went for a walk. During the walk, they got a bad idea. They knocked on the doors at various houses along the street. Most did not open the door until they came to a white house. With one hand on the door Edvins friend knocked. Nothing happened so they turned around and started going down the gravel path. When they were some distance away they heard the door to the white house open and they saw a shadow of a man in the doorway as they turned around. Swearing and threats echoed from the house walls. With heavy steps, the man went down the stairs in front of the door and started running toward Edvin and his friends. With a fast beating heart, all the guys started running. With heavy breathing, Edvin began to think about what he could do to help everyone in this situation, so he stayed. His idea was to talk to the man and explain the situation. Edvin stopped running and turned around to stretch out his arm to show he just wanted well. Edvin looked at the man who ran toward him at full speed. Ten meters away from the man, Edvin realized that he does not intend to stop. A second later he felt a hard blow to the face. The man struck several blows in Edvins stomach. Edvin tried to protect himself with his arms against the man but it made things worse. He felt several blows to the face while Edvin tried to roll over so he was lying on his stomach. His friends ran towards him with quick steps and started shouting at the man to stop because he was about to kill Edvin. The man lifts Edvin up and then throws him into the ground and then takes his arms on his back. After a half minute, the man backs up a few steps and then the boys hear how the doors from the houses along the streets open. The man leaves the place and leaves Edvin lying to the ground. Many memories from the event are gone but this is what he remembers. The strongest memory is the pain he experienced after being physically abused by an unknown man. 


After the incident, Edvin and his friends went to his house. Edvins parents asked if he wanted to call the police or just ignore everything that happened. He chose to call the police and then had to describe in detail what happened that evening. After Edvin had been interviewed, the police went to Lidingö and interrogated the unknown man while Edvin told his story to his mother. Edvins injuries were not so serious so he chose not to go to the hospital after the incident. But this has caused damage that is not visible on the outside, only on the inside. 

Every time someone runs towards Edvin, he panics and gets memories from the horrible night. He can not take pleasure in fun from his friends because everytime it happens as a joke, he ducks so he dont need to experice the feelings that were created that evening on Lidingö.


No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...