Friday 11 December 2020

“Everything felt horrible. My child died of popcorn"

“Something that has affected me is when I got my two sons, it was the happiest moment of my life. My sister was always  supporting me during my pregnancy and she was so happy for me. When I got my first son she was always by my side she helped if I needed help with anything and if something came up she was already there.  

She had always dreamed of getting a child and she was such a loving and caring aunt. She is my best friend and I love her more than anything.


And 5 years ago she got her first daughter. I remember how happy she was when she told me that her life finally felt complete and she really loved her. 

I remember her daughter as a really happy and playful person she was also calm but full of life. My sister's daughter and my son were inseparable  every day he nagged me that he wanted to meet her. My youngest son and my sister's daughter were like one person; they did everything together.  We spent so much time together and she was like a daughter for me too and so was my son to my sister.

One Friday my sisters family decided to have a cozy evening where they would eat popcorn, sweets and watch a movie. The day started just fine and all of them were happy. My sister and her daughter were at home that day, and the father was at work. I had talked to my sister that day and she told me how happy she was and how grateful she was to have all the people in her family. 

When the father got home they ate dinner together and then they fixed popcorn and the candy. The three of them sat on the couch and were  watching a movie and all of sudden she said her daughter started making weird sounds and it sounded like she couldn't breathe. She said to me that she panicked, she took her daughter up and started pushing her back, but it didn't make anything better. The father called 911 and she said that she saw how her daughter became blue and then she lost consciousness. On their way to the hospital she told me that it didn't feel real that is was just a dream and nothing like this could happen to her sweet little daughter

She died on their way to the hospital because she had suffocated by popcorn.

It was horrible. She said we came with our child and came out without her, I couldn't feel any joy. Everything felt horrible. My child died of popcorn.

It took a long time for me to feel joy. She said that she thinks it was when she got another child she truly felt joy again.

She got a boy and he was a big blessing. He is just like her daughter, they are happy and playful. He is so kind and spreads so much joy just if he walks into the room.

She is so grateful for everything and her daughter still lives with her but in her heart.


Tilda 9a


No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...