Friday 11 December 2020

“I was afraid that I would never come back”

 I haved played football since I was 5 years old. I play it from 5 to 6 times a week. When I play football it always makes me happy. I never laugh as much as I do when I playing football. Football is one of the most important things in my life. If I would never haved started playing football I don't know what I have been doing  today. Football is 99% of my life.


So one time when I was playing football. I remember it was with my friends. I think I was 12 when this happened. It was on the summer break. I was outside on a football pitch in my home town with my friends. We were playing for fun. Then it happened. My knee twisted and went off. I have never felt so much pain in my life. I was screaming for 5 second then I just fell down on the mark. My friends looked at me and didn't have a clue what's happened. They were full of chock. One of my friends knew thought, knew what was happening. He had been there himself. He could feel my pain. Because one year earlier, his knee was also injured. It was exactly the same injury. So my friend ran to my bag, picked up my phone and called my mom. She came immediately and drived me to the hospital. There was no surgery but the doctor said that I can't play football for 6 month. It was the worst 6 month in my life. 


When I was injured I felt that I would never play again. I was afraid that I would never come back. It was the toughest moment in my life. I felt desperate to come back. Back to the thing that I loved. Going to the football pitch and playing with my friends. But it was not happening. But I think this injury helped me for the future. Right there, I was so angry at not playing. But I watched so many football games back then. I studied how the professional played. I learn so much more about the game then just playing it. So when I was coming back after 6 month I was the best in the team.


And also when I was injured my doctor told me that I have to train hard to build up my knee again. Then when I came back I was the strongest player in the team. So I think my injuries help me to be a stronger player.



William Sandberg 9A

No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...