Thursday 10 December 2020

He was a fighter, the strongest person i have ever known. Many told me that I would lose him earlier than I did, but I am happy for every second I got with him.

“He was a fighter, the strongest person I have ever known. Many told me that I would lose him earlier than I did, but I am happy for every second I got with him.”

I was born in a family with seven children in the 1940s. My family has never been rich, we didn't have a lot of toys but that has been a good thing. The fact that we didn't have toys made our creativity flow, we made animals from cones with sticks as legs. Then the school came and because I lived in a small village we were only seven kids in my grade. I found a really good friend in school and our teacher loved us because the five other kids were loud boys that didn't take the school seriously. Then i got some bad news, we were going to move away from my friend, but luckily that was not true. Her family was going to move two, to the same village. The years went on and I absolutely loved it. In my time we only went to school seven years and after I was done with school I started working.

My first job was as a telephone operator. Together with getting my first job I moved out, I was living in a city about 20 miles away from my Family. I was only 17 at the time so when I got Homesickness, I just jumped on my bike and bicycled to them. Because I was only 17 I couldn't get a car either so the bike was my only choice. Then after a few years as a telephone operator I quit and went to a Business school. Directly after that I got a new job in an office. I worked at plenty of different offices before I met the man that would later become my husband. His parents knew my parents really well and I often rode around in his car with him, his brother and my best friend. It wasn't really obvious from the start because we had our ups and downs but later I knew that he was the right one. We had a beautiful wedding and our marriage started fantastic, my husband worked as a plumber and I worked in different offices.

Then we got some fantastic news, I was pregnant and my life couldn't be any better at the time. My first child was born and it was a beautiful and healthy baby girl. We chose the name Carina, just two years after my baby was born I got more good news, I was pregnant again. Sadly though this baby girl was not healthy she had a disease that wouldn't be a problem now but then it was a big problem and a year later she passed away. I needed to bury my baby, my heart was broken but there he was my loving husband. Of course he was sad too but he was strong, so strong that he made me strong too. Then I got some good news, I was pregnant. And nine months later a perfectly healthy baby boy was born. We lived a perfect life and then it got even more perfect, we got a fourth child, a baby girl without a single problem.

Our life went on for about five years without any problems, but then the bad news started coming. My husband had a brain tumor, he needed treatment and was laid in on Lunds lasarett. After months of treatments his tumor was finally gone. But not without leaving a mark. He couldn't keep the job as a plumber because of the damage the brain tumor had left on him. But he was so strong, he went to school and got an education to work as a lab technician. He was so low on his work that even when his brain damage got worse and he couldn't work his colleagues still came to see him. It just got worse and worse. First he could walk, then he couldn't talk. I became his “assistant” legally but I didn't see it that way he was my husband. I wouldn't change anything, I would live my life in the exact same way again and again. That is because I know that if the same thing would have happened to me, I would have been my “assistant” and he would treat me in a perfect, loving way. He lived for so long too even with his difficulties. He was a fighter, the strongest person I have ever known and a loving grandparent to our grandchildren in the way he could. Many told me that I would lose him earlier than I did, but I am happy for every second I got with him.

Måns Möller 9b



No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...