Friday 11 December 2020

“My life was corrupt before I met her”

 I lived in a small part of Smaland called Carlsbro. I was never too great in school and I didn’t have many friends, and some of the small number of friends I had turned their back on me, but the worst part of my childhood was when my father passed away. When I was 15 years old my father got diagnosed with leukemia and no more than a couple of months later he passed äway. I didn't  tell anyone in my school, no one knew that it had happened, maybe that was why they kept on bullying me. 


Every day I cried and mourned, I felt like I didn't have the strength to go on, I felt lonely even though my family was always supportive. When my father passed away it also meant that I was the only man in the household which meant that even during the times that I had to go through I had to stay strong and be there for my mother. That was the only thing I still thought of as important, I completely stopped caring about my surroundings and especially school. Then, one day everything changed, I was soon believing my life has a purpose. 



The love of my life, I met her when I was 17 years old, my high school sweetheart. 

She was perfect, blonde hair which always was silky smooth and her sparkling blue eyes were everything. The first time I spoke to her I knew she was the one, she made feel like my life isn't pointless after all. When I spoke to her I felt like I could open up to her about everything, she opened her warm arms and took me in, I was never the weird quiet kid to her, she never looked at me like I was anyone else then me. And from that day and on we loved each other. Now we are happily married with three children, two boys and one girl. 


.

I often think about where my life would have been if I hadn't met her. I've thought of many scenarios, none of them good in any way possible. I will never stop being thankful for her, my beautiful wife. 


Oskar 9b


No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...