Thursday 10 December 2020

I've lived a good life

"I've lived a good life"

December 2020: Stockholm 

“Growing up we were 6 brothers in total, I don't really remember how old I was but I believe I was about ten years old when our dad filed a divorce against our mom but we were all pretty young back then. Being a single mother to six young boys wasn’t very easy although we did all we could to help her and each other. But in the end it wasn’t enough economically.  When I was eleven years old we all got split up into different foster families across Sweden, none of my siblings were in the same family as I was. The best part was always during the summer breaks when we were all able to come home to our mom and spend time with each other. During the summer breaks we were usually at our grandparents farm with our mom and them. Being split up into different families at a young age kind of made it so that we lost time with each other but today i feel like we’ve caught up with the time we lost.”

“I worked at a travelling amusement park and helped with assembling and setting up the attractions. We travelled all across Sweden, Norway and Finland with the amusement park. Later in life I started working within healthcare, I was helping drug addicts overcome their problems and getting them back into society. Nowadays i’m retired and have been since five years back, I currently live with my partner and our canine Nikko in Stockholm. We also spend a lot of time at our cottage in Norrtälje.”

“I think the best thing about being retired is being able to do whatever you want and to not wake up early every morning for work. Don’t get me wrong, I still loved my job and have instead in recent years engaged in owning candy- and hotdog stands that are open during December at Stortorgets christmas market in Gamla stan. The business isn’t that profitable but it allows me and my partner to travel to Thailand for a month every year with some money still excluded to saving.”

"I have multiple moments in my life that are worthy of the top spot as the happiest moment in my life. They are when my three kids were born and every time they had children. Today i am a proud father of three but also a grandfather to five and soon six beautiful children''

“I think everyone has had one or more low points in their life, mine was when I lost one of my brothers. I was especially close with one of them when he passed away, he was just 50 years old. After that my life became a bit empty and it felt as if I had lost a part of myself. Some years went by and then I met the woman that is now my partner. We are only three brothers left now but we are still really close. I feel pretty satisfied with my own life and there aren’t a lot of things that I regret doing. In my opinion I’ve lived a good life.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...