Friday 11 December 2020

“Things that don't kill you only makes you stronger.”

 “Things that don't kill you only makes you stronger.”

“ When I was 14 years old I was the happiest I have been in my life. You would say that I was young and had little experience of life. I was young, I thought I knew what heartbreak felt like, I thought I had lived. But I hadn't. When I was about 13 years old I had no friends and I felt mentally ill nearly a year, but when I switched schools it became extremely different. I began to get more friends and started to enjoy my life, I felt really really blessed. I started dancing, I went to competitions, made new friends from all around Sweden from different dance clubs. It was summer when me and my best friend had just been at her house and we were about to go to one of our other friends' house. She started talking crap about one of our girl friends and I told her that she is our friend and we shouldn't do this but she assured me that it was just us but I still didn't want to, she got angry like always but I didn't think much about it. The rest of the night we had fun and I went to sleep later happy about the day. When I woke up the next morning my phone was blown up from all my friends and people I didn't even know from school. I didn't understand at first, it wasn't my birthday? I quickly understood when the friend my best friend talked about had both written on snapchat, called and texted me. Of course, this is a thing my “best friend” use to do. Make everyone love her and hate the people around her, she does this all the time but never on me. But this time she did, and my other friend actually believed her. My “best friend” had said to everyone that the things she said yesterday was me. I had to take shit from everyone, from all corners. I lost every friend I had. It all reminded me how I felt before and once again I began to feel mentally ill. This started to affect everyone around me that was staying to help me, like my family or my friends from dance class. I didn't talk about anything, I stopped eating, I didn't like to dance anymore, I never talked with my parents, skipped both school and dance classes, I didnt trust people around me and I became angry very easily. If I could I would rewind the time and stand up for myself, not run away from everything and hide. I didn't deserve what I was going through. I switched schools but even do I did this every time people who saw and knew me screamed things at me. Now I feel like they missed me, they couldn't forget about me, I was important to them. But when it all happened I felt terrible. I wanted to give up everything, I was extremely depressed and felt like life wasn't worth living. But now I'm happy, everything I went through made me stronger. Just like they say, The things that don't kill you only makes you stronger.”


Jeanette 9b


No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...