Thursday 10 December 2020

“The first thing I did when I came to Stockholm was to eat kebab, and it was a disappointment”

 “The first thing I did when I came to Stockholm was to eat kebab, and it was a disappointment”


“I lived in Borås my whole life until I came to Stockholm in February 2015. As a child I was always the one with the highest presence in school but I never had great grades. School has been difficult for me and I never had the energy to do homework or study at home. I have always been interested in sports and as a child I always prioritized handball and football over school. Maybe that was dumb, but I wanted to do the things that I liked, and it turned out well. 


I moved to Stockholm to study at GIH, a university of sports. I wanted to be a P.E teacher (physical education teacher). University was fun, I liked the way they taught. Everything that we were going to teach our students in the future, they teached us. If we were going to teach the students ball sports, we played ball sports at the university. All because we would get a greater understanding of how it is to be the student. The first thing I did when I came to Stockholm was to eat kebab, and it was a disappointment. The meat was flabby and tasted bad. In Borås we only had one sauce on the kebab, mild kebab sauce. Here in Stockholm the kebab restaurants have two sauces, red sauce and white sauce, I like neither of them. Except for the kebab, I like Stockholm. I grew up in a small town and Stockholm is the opposite. I like how I always see people and here in Stockholm I never feel alone. Another thing that I like about Stockholm is that whatever I am looking for, I can find it anywhere in any shop. 


Now I am living in Årstadal with my girlfriend. I met her two years ago. For a living I am a P.E at a high school. I like it, the students are nice and I like to teach. So that's what I'm doing in my spare time too, teaching in Hammarby handball. When I have the time I also play handball in Lidingö SK.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...