Thursday 10 December 2020

“If you haven’t experienced it before, once you do it the first time the feeling of motherhood and touching your baby is such a moment”

 “If you haven’t experienced it before, once you do it the first time the feeling of motherhood and touching your baby is such a moment”

“When I got my first daughter, Selma. It was the happiest moment of my life. You know such moments you don't experience so often in life. It’s almost once in a lifetime thing. If you haven’t experienced it before, once you do it the first time the feeling of motherhood and touching your baby is such a moment. You have just given a new life to the world and it's a big moment. This is your daughter. She's 14 now. She goes to Futuraskolan in Östermalm. Sometimes I have communication problems with my daughter, of course. At this age it's very difficult because she's a teenager. She's 14 so she has to express herself in a different way. Even sometimes if she agrees with me she refuses to commit it. We can argue about something that I know she actually agrees with me on. I was the same at her age to my parents. It’s just something that comes with age. But it's okay. I sometimes lose my temper and sometimes I try to control myself to understand her. Sometimes she loses her temper too.” 




“It's difficult in this phase from time to time. You know it's winter. Me now, I've been living in a warm country for nine years. And I moved to Sweden so it’s a little bit colder. And it can be really hard in the beginning. You aren't actually prepared for it. So it took me a bit of time to get used to it because you know that I've been living in Beirut, a very warm country. But it's not that big of a problem. Because people can adapt so I will get used to it. I have to, unless I want to move. But I don’t want to, I love Sweden. It's a beautiful country. I also feel like I have been through worse and that there are bigger problems in the world.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...