Friday 11 December 2020

“I joined God, it felt like I had found home”


“When I was 3 month old my family decided to emigrate to the United States, it was the 3 month old me, my sister and my parents. Me and my sister couldn't go to the United States with our parents. We needed to travel in different ways and hoped to meet when we arrived. I was so small that I had to travel in a box. When we arrived in the United States we did not have it easy, we had to get used to a completely new culture with a new language and unknown people.

We couldn't handle the circumstances so we decided to travel back to Sweden, we did this in hope for a better life. 

When we came back it was not as usual, we had a lot of fights in the family and our relationship with each other got worse, that I was then in my teens was nothing that helped.

We lived in bad conditions and I started to feel better when I was 18, I moved away from home to study. I moved away from all the problems in the family and was able to start all over again”.


“When I moved there, I found the man who I thought was my soulmate. We fell in love and one day we got married, we got three sons. We didn't had the best circumstances but we had a really good relationship which made the situation much easier”. 


“Our sons got older and my and my husband's relationship started to lose, we chose to go our separate ways. Everything still felt good, me and my sons had a good relationship, I got a new man in my life. He and I lived together for a few years, he was somewhat good in the beginning but towards the end he treated me and my children badly.

My children made a decision to live with their father as much as they could and I lost the relationship with them, during this period my parents also died. It felt very dark, it felt like I had lost everything. My sons, my family and my health deteriorated. The man who caused this was hard to get rid of, he did not want to leave my life”.


“Eventually, with the help of others, I was able to move away from this man and try to get back those I really cared about, my sons. My sons and I gradually rebuilt our relationship and I found myself again. I joined God, it felt like I had found home. God helped me to find myself and realize that in the worst periods of my life it is not over, there is something bigger than me and God helped me to see the light when it was difficult. Being able to find a solution to problems I could not see without God, I could turn to God when I felt lonely or sad”.


“That I found myself was because I joined God, it helped me build my relationship with my children and their father. Me, my 3 children and my 8 grandchildren today have a very good relationship, which I think is because we have not always had it so good. My children's father and I have also become very good friends in recent years, he is my best friend and to him I can say everything”.


“Even though many of my relationships have been tested in difficult ways, I still have those that are most important to me in my life”.


Linnea 9a


No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...