Thursday 10 December 2020

“I will always feel like I am going home to Hudiksvall. It’s the best city”.

 “I was nineteen years old when I first moved from Hudiksvall. I was tired of the small and boring city and wanted to come to something bigger and more cool. I first moved from my hometown to Norway, where I lived for four years. Where I probably would have stayed if it wasn’t for my sister, who had a baby. 

In 1998, when I was twentythree years old, I moved to Stockholm, to live in the same city as my sister. To move to a new and bigger city than Hudiksvall was at first very difficult and different. Hudiksvall is a small and cosy city with a small population. 

I like having the water close to me.


Stockholm is very different, it is much bigger and there is always stuff to do and people to do them with. In the beginning I only knew my sister here in Stockholm. But I quickly got to learn more and more people. 


Even though I have lived in Stockholm for a very long time now I will always feel like I am going home to Hudiksvall. It’s the best city. 


My family and the bigger part of my relatives still live in Hudiksvall, I often think about them and I miss them very much. I sometimes miss the place where I grew up and the place where I have my roots. At least two to three times a year I go home to Hudiksvall to visit my relatives and to spend time with them. 


There was a time in my life when I really wanted to move back home to Hudiksvall, I had packed a few bags and I was really thinking about moving back there. But it never happened. The thing that has made me stay here in Stockholm during the times when I have thought about moving back to Hudiksvall has always been my sister and her children who lives here in Stockholm. I have stayed here in Stockholm since I first moved here, in 1998. 


Since Hudiksvall is a relatively small city everyone knew each other in the city. It is something that I feel like I sometimes miss. But living in Stockholm where there lives so many other people is also great. I also like to be able to be more anonymous which I can be in Stockholm.”


Lukas 9c


No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...