Friday 11 December 2020

“I would say that I'm most afraid of the spread of covid19 right now."

 “I would say that I'm most afraid of the spread of covid19 right now. I'm also very worried that my parents who are in the risk category will get the virus. I work in a kindergarten with a lot of young children around me all day and I also got the virus in march. I got really sick but my biggest concern was the well being of my sister who also got it at the same time. I am very grateful that my eldery parents have put themselves in lockdown since March when me and my sister got covid. As a mother and a kindergarten teacher my thoughts go out to children who are living in abusive homes during covid since the isolation forces the kids to stay home where no one from the outside can see them or any warning sign that normally can be observed in the daycare or school. Besides that I’m very worried that the isolation can cause mental illness to people who will get depressed by the loneliness that the isolation creates. Will society have resources to take care of these people when the Covid situation is over? I really hope so!


I think that society will change a lot. People will think about their hygiene and keeping distance. Restaurants and bars will not be as crowded as before. People will probably work more from home with more flexible working hours and internet shopping will increase even more. The world will probably never look the same after covid. 

The only way to stop this pandemic is a vaccine and of course I see it as my duty to get vaccinated and I hope that the rest of the world thinks the same.


I'm looking forward to the family puppy that will hopefully arrive in May next year. Me and my younger son decided to get a puppy once his older brother moved out. It’s really strange that I’m getting a dog, since I’ve been afraid of dogs my whole life. Somehow I have overcome my fear and I'm so excited. After this challenging year I believe that Loomi will bring a lot of joy to not only me and my youngest but to the whole family. Yes, I will name the dog Loomi, it’s Finnish and means snow since the dog for sure will be white.”


Noah 9b


No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...