Friday 11 December 2020

“I have to wait one year for the operation."


One night last year i got really dizzy. I thought that it was nothing but it kept coming back. It went on for a couple of days when I really got sick of it. After about a week I went to the doctor and got diagnosed with crystal disease. It's a disease that messes with your balance. The reason why you get this disease is that your crystals in your inner ear have fallen out or misplaced.

But one Day it got so bad that I fell over and broke my arm really bad. I went to the doctor again and had it x-rayed. It turned out that my arm was broken in several places.I had to get an operation. First after the operation it felt very good. But after a few days I started to notice that I could not use my arm properly and it was still hurting in my arm. When I went back to the doctor he said that he could not do another operation in my arm for about a year. 

I was shocked. I thought to myself, what am I going to do? 


This has really affected me in several different ways. I work in a daycare and nowadays I really struggle with that. I have problems with putting on clothes on the children, I can almost not cook any food. And I can barely lift anything. 


Another thing that I cannot do properly any more is to babysit my grandson. Before the accident I used to take care of my grandson all the time when my son was away at work or shopping for groceries. But now I can’t really do that anymore. I can’t change his diaper or change his clothes.

Even though I work with children all day I could not wait to get home and take care of my sweet boy. And it really bothers me that I cannot do that anymore.


I know that it doesn’t sound so bad that I broke my arm. But for me it really limits my everyday activities, and work. I can't really use my arm properly and it’s really annoying. Now I have to wait a year to get another operation. And after that I don’t even know if it’s gonna get good or not. Who knows maybe I have to wait another year for another operation.


Love 9a


No comments:

Post a Comment

“The doctors didn’t know if my body would recover from the accident due to all the damage my brain took"

“When I was about 20 years old, something traumatic happened to me. I was out with my friends in the evening. Suddenly, I went towards a ped...